Job title: Studio Assistant
Job type: Part-time, 12 hours p/w
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and organised art lover to join the Jackson & Young team as a part-time Studio Assistant. For over four years we’ve been running a successful art gallery, studio and specialist printer service based in Barnstaple, and now we’re on the lookout for someone to help us with the day-to-day running of the studio, who can input their creative flair and help us to grow.
As a Studio Assistant you will be primarily fulfilling fine art printing orders. This will mostly be for other artists and will include answering customer enquiries, liaising with artists, creating the prints, packaging and arranging delivery. You will also be required to produce Jackson & Young prints for online orders, seasonal market prep and replenishing gallery stock.
Other responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Answering customer enquiries via telephone, email and social media
- Resizing and uploading images to the Jackson & Young website
- Keeping computer files orderly
- Managing the studio diary and coordinating market bookings
- Ensuring the gallery looks presentable and tidy
- Assisting with photoshoots
In addition to managing the smooth printing operations, we’d like to employ somebody who could input their creativity and originality in to Jackson & Young – whether that’s applying graphic design skills to create innovative content for web and our social channels or conducting research of up-coming and exciting new craft markets in the South West – there is plenty of scope for developing your own ideas.
- Willingness to learn about how to create premium, ultra-high quality prints
- Basic understanding of Shopify
- Relative knowledge of printers and paper stock
- Excellent at using Photoshop
- Strong understanding of Mac computer systems
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Is happy to work as a part of a team or independently
- Positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and time manage effectively
- Interested in art, photography and creative content
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed and friendly environment
- Casual clothing
- Discount on printing services (ideal if you’d like prints of your own works)
- Discount on gallery artworks
- A creative and collaborative atmosphere
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close February 28.